I love seeing riders improve and achieve things they doubted they could do. I am particularly passionate about getting more women and young people into cycling, and particularly mountain biking and cyclocross. I am all about encouraging grassroots cycling and racing, and helping people overcome barriers by building confidence, honing skills and developing fitness. I aim to develop excellent relationships with the people I coach; I believe that really getting to know someone through great communication is key to helping them perform at their best.
My Coaching Services
I am qualified and insured to deliver general cycling skills coaching to small groups. In addition, I can offer more bespoke 1:1 mountain bike and cyclocross skills coaching, as well as small group sessions. Prices start from £15 per person for a 2 hour group session, or £30 per hour for 1:1 skills coaching.
For people who want to plan their own training but aren’t quite sure where to start, I can offer consultation on the basics of periodisation, setting power and heart rate zones, and navigating TrainingPeaks. This can take place in person or over video chat (to allow screen sharing) and is £60 for up to 90 minutes (including a short initial survey to allow me to plan what information would be of most benefit to you).
For those who have been cycling for a couple of years and have built up a reasonable initial level of fitness, I offer an individual coaching service for £120 per month. My approach is very much about getting to know each rider as an individual, and the development of an excellent coach-rider relationship.
I currently have capacity to work with a small number of riders, who can expect:
- Initial consultation and rider profile, including key goals, strengths and areas for development.
- Setting of training zones (heart rate and/or power).
- A completely bespoke weekly training plan via TrainingPeaks.
- TrainingPeaks Premium account.
- Regular feedback via TrainingPeaks.
- Quick response to questions via email and text.
- Regular catch-up over the phone or videoconferencing (weekly or fortnightly, depending on the stage in the rider’s training cycle and progress made).
- Advice on event preparation and equipment.
- 10% discount on skills coaching.
This would suit riders who wish to develop and better understand their cycling fitness, those who are training for a specific event or trip, and those who already race or want to give racing a go.